Canoeing, Via Ferrata, Canyoning and Caving
If you’re looking for excitement and adventure to the max, this is the trip for you. No experience needed, just a basic level of fitness.
Day 1 – Arrive in Llanes, at your chosen accommodation.
Day 2 – Breakfast. Canoeing down the Cares-Deva River: A descent of the spectacular River Cares-Deva in sit-on-top tandem canoes, enjoying the beautiful surroundings and exciting rapid sections. The canoeing tour is about 12 km and around 3 hours of easy paddling through stunning landscape. Halfway through the trip there is a stop for a relaxing picnic lunch on the banks of the river and the brave can even take a dip!
Day 3 – Breakfast. Via Ferrata: A via ferrata (or ‘iron road’ in Italian) is a protected mountain pathway consisting of a series of rungs, rails, cables and bridges embracing the rock face. It allows access to scenic sections of the mountains that are typically available only to rock climbers and mountaineers. The excitement, scenic beauty and personal conquest you will experience on a via ferrata is guaranteed to give you an unforgettable experience. Free Time in the afternoon.
Day 4 – Breakfast. Canyoning: The Picos de Europa with an average altitude of between 2,000 and 2,500 metres above sea level and its proximity to the sea, only 15 km, makes rivers that decend at a dizzying rate, forming numerous waterfalls, cascades, deep pools and water slides. Canyoning is decending one of these mountain rivers, wearing wetsuits. The decent is a full-on adrenaline rush, with abseils, jumps, slides and climb-downs. Back to Llanes by 3pm. Free Time in the afternoon.
Day 5 – Breakfast. Caving: Asturias is like Gruyere cheese. Its geology is formed mostly of limestone. As a result the water dissolves the rock and forms a multitude of natural caves, full of weird and wonderful rock formations. This activity consists of entering one of the many Asturian caves with a helmet and torch to discover spectacular underground scenery with stalactites, stalagmites and subterranean rivers. Return to Llanes by 3pm. Free Time in the afternoon.
Day 6 – Breakfast. Check out of the hotel.
The Price Includes
- 5 nights accommodation
- 5 breakfasts (except if you’re staying in the Picos Castiellu and Albatros apartments)
- Activities – Canyoning, Via Ferrata, Canyoning and Caving
- 1 packed lunch
- Transport for all the activities except the canoeing
- All technical equipment
- Qualified English speaking instructor
- Local insurance and taxes (as required by Spanish law)
- Lunch (except for the canoeing) and evening meals – Please note that Spanish lunch is at 1-4 pm and that if you’re used to eating earlier you might want to take a snack along with you.
- 2 Hour Surf Course: 40€
- 2 Hour Paddle Surf Course: 45€
- Self-Guided Mountain Bike Route: 30€
- There are more! Please get in contact for details.
Difficulty level: Activities without experience but with basic fitness.
|Accommodation||Type||15 June – 14 July
28 Aug – 15 Sept
|15 July – 27 Aug|
|Hotel Finca La Mansión ☆☆☆☆||Double Room||398 €||484 €|
|Hotel Paraiso ☆☆☆||Double Room||388 €||450 €|
|Hotel Paraiso ☆☆☆||3 Person Family Room||320 €||365 €|
|Hotel Paraiso ☆☆☆||4 Person Family Room||275 €||298 €|
|Hotel Miracielos ☆☆☆||Double Room||388 €||450 €|
|Albatros Apartments||3 Person Apartment||365 €||410 €|
|Albatros Apartments||4 Person Apartment||320 €||338 €|
|Pico Castiellu Apartments||3 Person Apartment||320 €||366 €|
|Pico Castiellu Apartments||4 Person Apartment||376 €||320 €|
|Hotel Pugide ☆☆||Double Room||306 €||352 €|
|Hotel Casa Pancho ☆☆||Double Room||306 €||352 €|
- Low Season: Rest of the year – please get in contact for availability and prices
- Mid Season: 15th June – 14th July, 28th August – 15th September
- Peak Season: 15th July – 27th August